Benefits of Cedar
- Natural Renewable Resource
- Aesthetic Value
- Historic Preservation
- Conserves Energy to Manufacture
- High Insulation Value * Reduces Energy Costs
- Survives 190-245 mph Wind Speeds
- Lifetime Pressure-impregnated Fire Retardant
- Withstands Pounding Hail Storms
- Manufactures' Warranties Available
Tough, Durable, and Insulative
For years roofing manufactures attempt to duplicate the natural beauty and durability of cedar shakes and shingles.
Cedar is prized for its natural beauty and durability in tough climate conditions.
Cedar’s natural oils make it virtually maintenance-free and extremely durable.
Cedar roofing and siding provides excellent insulation with twice the “R-Value” of asphalt shingles and four times the “R-Value” of fiber cement and imitation products.
Cedar provides protection against hail, as well as thermal shock (repeated freeze and thaw conditions) that cause some roofing materials to crack, break, and subsequently leak.